Employment at Philo Trust
Philo Trust are seeking to recruit a mid-weight graphic designer to create and deliver the next generation of projects for the ministry of J.John.
Permanent (42.5 hrs a week)
We are looking for someone who is:
- personable, friendly, with a 'can do' attitude and approach to their work.
- flexible in their approach and willing to 'roll their sleeves up'.
- highly organised and able to multi-task.
- has a keen attention to detail.
Brand management and development.
Creation and production of key products and lines including:
- Book jackets
- Magazine features and articles
- Programme guides.
- Website Design
- Press advertising
- Events and signage
- Stage design
Produce and provide the website department with graphic elements.
Produce Philo Trust artwork to requirement.
Able to present their work (including mocking up books).
Commission and brief freelance staff, photographers and creatives.
Maintain catalogue of photos and images with assistance from Web & Communications Co-ordinator.
Pro-actively advise and give creative input and suggestions into resources and communications as directed by J.John and/or the Operations Manager.
Perform other general tasks, as required from time to time, including assisting at evening and weekend events.
Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- A background in print design with extensive digital know how, including: web, mobile, digital and social media.
- Sound artworking ability (Litho/Digital/Repro)
- An ability to create accurate print ready files.
- An expert user level in the following programmes: InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Art direction – photography and visual trends.
- Visual idea generation.
To apply for this role please send a digital portfolio, CV and covering letter setting out why you are interested in the role, why you believe you have the required skills and how you relate to the ethos of Philo Trust to email@example.com.